TXU Energy Donates Meals, Blankets and Holiday Decorations to Families in Need
Holiday donations support non-profits in communities across Texas
IRVING, Texas — In the spirit of the holiday season, TXU Energy today announced it is committing nearly $25,000 to provide meals, Christmas trees and warm blankets to families in need.
The contribution supports non-profits across Texas, which administer TXU Energy AidSM. The program uses donations from TXU Energy, its customers and employees, and other Texans to help around 20,000 families keep their lights on each year. That amounts to more than $120 million in bill-payment assistance over the last 35 years.
The donations directly support the following agencies:
- $7,500 is going to Caritas Waco, to purchase 500 turkeys for holiday meals
- $5,000 will go to Mission 911 Corpus Christi to purchase meals and Christmas Trees for families
- $5,000 is going to PATH in Tyler to fund holiday meals and blankets
- $2,500 is going to Concho Valley Community Action Agency in San Angelo to purchase blankets
- $2,000 will go to the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign in Wichita Falls
- $2,000 is going to the Salvation Army of Midland to purchase blankets
“We value our Energy Aid partnerships all year long – but especially at times of increased need, when the work these non-profits do is so essential to the communities we serve,” said Brad Watson, senior director of community affairs for TXU Energy. “Whether it’s a warm meal, a new blanket, or decorations that might not have been in the family budget, we hope these donations make the holidays brighter for our neighbors all over Texas.”
About TXU Energy
More Texans trust TXU Energy to power their homes and businesses than any other electricity provider. We’re passionate about creating experiences and solutions tailored to fit the needs of our customers, including electricity plans, online tools to help save, renewable energy options and more. TXU Energy is also committed to cultivating a dynamic and enjoyable workplace where all our people can succeed. Visit txu.com for more. TXU Energy is a subsidiary of Vistra (NYSE: VST). REP #10004