Ways to Save for your Business
Energy conservation is important when it comes to protecting the environment.
It's also good for business!
- Use occupancy sensors to control lighting offices, conference rooms and individual floors while not in use. These affordable devices can reduce lighting costs by up to 40%.
- Use an ENERGY STAR® labeled LED exit sign; it can last up to 25 years and save you almost $25 per year.
- Replace high-use incandescent light bulbs with LEDs (light-emitting diodes). LEDs use up to 75% less electricity than incandescents.
- Dirt can absorb as much as 50% of your lighting, so clean your fixtures regularly.
- Open the shades and enjoy natural light on mild, sunny days.
Electronics and Equipment
- When possible, stagger the times you start high-energy equipment, like A/Cs, heaters and large appliances, to help lower your usage and keep delivery charges in check. Learn more at txu.com/demand.
- Turn machines off when they're not in use.
- Choose energy-saving ENERGY STAR® products whenever possible when upgrading or purchasing new office equipment.
Utilities and More
- Set water heater temperature to 110-120° to prevent scalds and save energy.
- User water-saving restroom fixtures.
- Keep exterior doors closed as much as possible.
Sources US Energy Information Administration, Energy.gov, US Small Business Administration.
Was this article helpful?