TXU Energy Honored by SAP as Top Innovator in Technology
“SAP Best-Run Utilities Award 2011” Recognizes Use of Technology to Enhance Customer Service
TXU Energy recently received the “SAP Best-Run Utilities Award 2011” for top technology innovator at the SAP for Utilities North American conference in San Antonio. SAP AG (NYSE: SAP), the world’s leading provider of business software solutions that help businesses run better, presented the award in recognition of TXU Energy’s innovative use of technology to enhance customer service and add customer value.
“In the fiercely competitive retail utilities segment, TXU Energy is differentiating itself by adding strategic value for customers,” said Lisa Dalesandro, senior industry principal, Utilities Practice, SAP America, Inc. “They are a leader in using technology to enhance customer service and to deliver capabilities and information that create superior customer value.”
In 2009, TXU Energy launched a unified SAP® solution-based platform that replaced 179 mainframe and client/server applications. The new system helps customer-service agents and customers themselves quickly access account information. Customers can use this data to better monitor and manage their electricity usage to save money.
“We appreciate this industry recognition, and most significantly, our customers have responded very enthusiastically to the higher quality of service and the new capabilities that TXU Energy now delivers,” said Greg Sarich, vice president of technology for TXU Energy. “Web-based transactions and use of our online tools have seen significant and consistent growth since we launched the unified customer care platform, and traffic at our website more than doubled in July 2011 compared with July 2010.”
TXU Energy offers 24x7 customer support by phone as well as click-to-chat for live support online. The company has further enhanced customer service with the first mobile website launched by a Texas retail electricity provider. TXU Energy also was the first electricity retailer in Texas to offer customers mobile account access through an iPhone® app.
Other customer-service innovations from TXU Energy include:
- BrightenSM Personal Energy Advisor, which provides customized advice to increase energy efficiency.
- TXU Energy MyEnergy DashboardSM, which gives customers information on their electricity consumption along with calculators to increase energy efficiency. Customers with Smart Meters additionally can see cost projections and current information on consumption.
- TXU Energy MyAccount Summary, which gives small-business customers free online access to detailed account and usage information.
- BrightenSM iThermostat, which lets customers easily program and change their thermostat settings and programming from any Internet-connected device.
The SAP Best-Run Utilities Award 2011 is the most recent recognition TXU Energy has received for its use of technology to enhance customer service. In 2010:
- TXU Energy was named as a Laureate by the International Data Group's (IDG) Computerworld Honors Program. This prestigious award goes to the Top 15 companies globally in each industry.
- The company was included in the CIO 100 list published by CIO Magazine. This honor ranked TXU Energy as one of the top 100 companies across all industries for using technology innovations to provide superior customer service and value.
About TXU Energy
TXU Energy is a market-leading competitive retailer that provides electricity and related services to approximately 2 million electricity customers in Texas. TXU Energy offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, allowing both its residential and business customers to choose options that best meet their needs, including exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services. Visit txu.com for more information about TXU Energy. REP #10004.
SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.