Customers elect preferred service options from host of solutions offered by Texas’ largest retail electric provider
TXU Energy is in the business of giving customers control.
The largest retail electric provider in the state has invested more than $200 million in the last five years to enhance customer service and support capabilities that deliver the quality customer care, information and control customers need to make the best decisions about how and when they use electricity.
Customers taking advantage of online and self-service options have increased significantly at TXU Energy. Of the company’s nearly 21 million customer service interactions in 2012, approximately 75 percent took place through electronic and self-service channels, including IVR, web, social media, chat and mobile platforms. With the increase in transactions customers can do themselves came an increase in customer satisfaction.
“We’re proud we can meet our customers in the space where they want to do business and be a leader in creating easy-to-use platforms and channels they can use to take care of their electricity needs,” said Jeff Camp, TXU Energy vice president of contact center operations. “It benefits everyone for us to put customers at the wheel, give them the keys and let them drive their own experience while we’re there in the passenger seat providing assistance however, whenever and wherever it may be needed.”
As the customer landscape trends toward a preference for self-service, TXU Energy continues to invest in industry-leading solutions designed to help both residential and business customers meet their needs.
TXU Energy gives customers the choice and control to interact through a variety of convenient solutions of their choosing:
- TXU Energy MyAccount: With 24/7 access to online account management, customers can quickly make changes to an electricity plan, monitor usage and make a payment.
- TXU Energy MyEnergy DashboardSM: This free, online tool helps customers examine how and when to use electricity at home to reduce energy consumption and, ultimately, electric bills.
- TXU Energy Preference Center: With this tool, customers can choose how they want to receive their communications, including notices, alerts, news, products and special offers.
- Mobile apps: TXU Energy makes it easy for customers to take advantage of all of the MyAccount features of the free TXU Energy mobile site on the iPhone® or iPad® and AndroidTM-based mobile devices with the TXU Energy app.
- Green Button: This simplified, standardized energy usage information and report platform helps customers better understand energy usage and save money on electricity bills.
- BrightenSM Personal Energy Advisor: Filling out a questionnaire creates a personalized checklist of tools, tips, projects and online videos to help make a home more energy efficient.
- Energy Thieves Calculator: This easy-to-use calculator enables customers to track down which home appliances might be stealing energy, even when they’re turned off.
- TXU Energy Electricity Usage Report: This free weekly email contains easy-to-read charts and graphs that provide insight into and projections for electricity usage so customers can better control and manage consumption.
- Energy Management Alerts: These free, automatic alerts help customers know when their consumption and spending are on track to exceed thresholds they set.
- TXU Energy AutoPay: Enrolling in this service takes the hassle out of paying electricity bills every month.
- Paperless Billing: Customers who want to reduce clutter and eliminate postage can enroll to go paperless and pay their bills online.
- Social service: Customers can choose to engage in social media sites to receive customer service assistance through mobile sites like m.txu.com, Facebook, Twitter, Ratings & Reviews, YouTube, email and the TXU Energy blog.
- Click-to-Chat: Customers can chat online with customer care representatives who can assist with account transactions and answer questions.
- Traditional service channels: Customers can also choose to get their questions answered or issues resolved by:
- Calling: Contact us at 1-866-CALL-TXU for any account-related questions or concerns, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
- Mailing: Send payments to:
P.O. Box 650764
Dallas, TX 75265-0764
- Paying in person: Customers who prefer to make in-person payments can visit one of the 4,000 conveniently located, authorized payment locations for service.
“An important part of our ongoing commitment to deliver an exceptional customer experience is to continue to make investments that allow us to serve customers seamlessly and make it easier for our customers to engage with us and manage their account,” Camp said. “Delivering superior customer service means letting customers know that we are listening and responding by providing solutions to any challenges they face.”
For more information, visit txu.com or call 1-866-CALL-TXU.
About TXU Energy
TXU Energy is a market-leading competitive retail electricity provider, powering the lives of more Texans than any other retailer. TXU Energy offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, allowing both its residential and business customers to choose options that best meet their needs, including exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services. Visit txu.com for more information about TXU Energy. REP #10004.