Texas’ leading electricity retailer makes it easy for consumers to decide how to use less and save
TXU Energy customers flocked to the company’s new and improved technology solutions in 2012, taking advantage of the many ways the company makes it easy for customers to manage their own energy consumption and save money.
“Customers have embraced our solutions in record numbers because we are delivering services they want in familiar ways that are easy to navigate,” said Michael Grasso, chief marketing officer for TXU Energy. “In the past, we heard from customers only when they paid their bills or when they had a service problem. We are committed to creating stronger relationships. We want to deliver more value to our customers, and we are doing that.”
The company invested more than $100 million in the past five years to help customers in a number of ways, including technologies that make it easy for customers to measure their electricity use before they get their bills, understand how they are using power and use less in ways that fit their lifestyles.
The eager adoption of TXU Energy’s solutions this year is evidenced by:
- More than 6 million customer transactions completed through txu.com.
- More than 1 million transactions completed through m.txu.com and native mobile apps for iOS and AndroidTM devices.
- Nearly 750,000 customer interactions with TXU Energy MyEnergy DashboardSM.
- More than 100,000 downloads of the iOS and Android apps.
“The free TXU Energy MyEnergy Dashboard is the core of our solutions that empower customers,” Grasso said. “From there, customers can understand how they are using electricity and then take any steps they want to prevent waste and save money.”
Based on market research and customers’ requests, TXU Energy added and improved technologies in 2012, including:
- A free budget alert tool that notifies customers via email if their electricity use could lead to a bill that’s higher than the spending threshold they set. The alerts arrive before the billing cycle ends so customers can take steps to stay within their spending threshold.
- A free native app for Android devices. TXU Energy was the first Texas retail electricity provider to launch an Android app. It rounds out a mobile offering that includes an app for iOS-powered devices, such as the Apple iPhone®, and a mobile-optimized website.
- Frequent upgrades to the TXU Energy MyEnergy Dashboard to make account and energy management even easier.
TXU Energy already is looking toward additional innovations in 2013. New products and services – and changes to those already in the market – will continue to focus on helping give Texans tools to understand and control how they use electricity so that they can save money.
“TXU Energy is the market-leading electricity retailer because we are easy to work with and we focus on helping customers save energy and money,” Grasso said. “We know that continuing to do those things for our customers will help us build even more long-lasting relationships and allow us to continue to be an integral part of the communities we serve.”
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
About TXU Energy
TXU Energy is a market-leading competitive retail electricity provider, powering the lives of more Texans than any other retailer. TXU Energy offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, allowing both its residential and business customers to choose options that best meet their needs, including exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services. Visit txu.com for more information about TXU Energy. REP #10004.