Texas Movers Timeline and Checklist
Moving to a new place can get overwhelming pretty fast. Here’s a checklist to help make sure you’ve got the basics covered. Happy moving!
6-8 weeks out
- Set your budget.
- Sort through what you’ll take and what you’ll sell, donate or throw away.
- Get boxes and other packing supplies.
- Start packing things you don’t need right away.
- Schedule movers or reserve a moving truck. If possible, you’ll want to avoid weekends and the last day of the month since those are peak moving times.
- Schedule the day you want your current utilities turned off. You can start new or transfer existing service with us in just minutes.
2-4 weeks out
- Change your address and notify your bank, monthly memberships and service providers.
- Pack the majority of your things. Pack plates vertically so they’re less likely to break. Try using towels and linens to wrap breakables—it saves money and space.
- Service your car if you’re driving further to your new home.
- Walk-through your home and list repairs needed.
- Confirm arrangements for moving day.
1 week out
- Clean your fridge and consider donating what you can’t take.
- Arrange for child or pet care for your moving day.
- Pack an overnight bag for your first night in your new home.
- Clean and do laundry.
- Pack bed linens and clothes.
- Have water and snacks available.
- Get moving!
- Update your driver license address.
- Get your vehicle inspected.
- Register to vote.