What Your Smart Meter Can Do for You
With a smart meter installed at your business, you can learn about your energy consumption, calculate your costs, monitor your usage and track your savings.
TXU Energy PowerReport
This innovative reporting tool lets you track and monitor your company’s electricity consumption. Pull reports 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any device that’s connected to the Internet.
Sign in to See Your PowerReport
Reading Your AMS Smart Meter
Your Advanced Metering System Smart Meter offers near-real-time usage data that helps you gain control over your electricity costs.
What You Can Learn
The meter’s screen displays three types of information:
1. The status of your electricity service.
- OPN means the electricity is off. CLS means the electricity is on.
2. Your electricity usage for the billing period.
- This shows your cumulative electricity usage in kilowatt hours (kWh) up to the current billing period. This is also the number that appears on your bill, so tracking the changes on a daily, weekly or monthly basis will show you how your energy saving efforts are making an impact.
3. Your electricity demand reading.
- This number is used by the Transmission and Distribution Utility to gauge the amount of electricity being used at any particular time.
No Smart Meter?
You can also read your analog meter. Learn How
Smart Meter FAQs
If you've got questions about what smart meters are, how they work and what they can do for you, we have the answers.