Renewable Energy Pays with TXU Energy
TXU Energy Distributed Renewable Generation (DRG) supports your efforts to use more renewable energy. We appreciate your commitment to the environment by installing a DRG system such as a solar panel or wind turbine at your residence, and we will buy surplus electricity, known as "outflow", generated by your renewable energy equipment.
Below are a few steps to take in order to start receiving your surplus payment. Payment will start once ALL steps are completed.
- Submit an Interconnection Agreement to your TDU (Transmission and Distribution Utility) before installation of your DRG system. The Interconnection Agreement is available to download at your TDU's Web site.
- Request that your TDU change out your current meter to a meter that records the "inflow" and "outflow" of electricity.
- Request that your TDU change your "Load profile" at ERCOT to a "DRG profile".
- Submit the TXU Energy Surplus Power Purchase Agreement to TXU Energy and keep a copy for your records. You will receive a welcome letter confirming your registration once we have verified your information. To download a copy of the TXU Energy Surplus Power Purchase Agreement, click here.
The TXU Energy Surplus Power Purchase Agreement can be submitted using one of the methods below.
- Email a PDF file of the completed signed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the agreement, please click here.
- Fax the signed agreement to the attention of Contract Management at 972-556-6112.
We will send your first statement highlighting your surplus followed by a quarterly bill credit included on your TXU Energy monthly bill to pay you for surplus electricity following the end of each quarter once the TXU Energy Surplus Power Purchase Agreement has been signed and returned. After that, we will send you a statement detailing your accumulated credits and provide a bill credit on your TXU Energy bill on at least a quarterly basis.1
If you have any questions or to find out how you can sign up for this program, please see the FAQs, or call 1-800-842-1762 and a TXU Energy Customer Care Representative will return your call within one business day.
We're committed to helping you save money and to helping the environment. Buying back surplus renewable generation is just one way we show our commitment. We also offer a variety of energy saving tools and products to help you manage your energy consumption at txu.com/energysolutions.
1Bill Credits for the purchase of surplus TXU Energy Distributed Renewable Generation power will be included quarterly on your TXU Energy electricity bill. This offer is subject to the terms and conditions associated with the customer's applicable TXU Energy commodity plan and Surplus Power Purchase Agreement.